Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Acropolis, Athens

The next "big one", is the acropolis in Athens, Greece. I stayed at a local hotel (the Euripides) in the Plaka area which has covered in Graffiti - left over from the riots etc I guess. Anyway, it looked very run down, despite being the main tourist area for one of the great ancient monuments on the planet - the Acropolis.

I was directed to go to the hill opposite the acropolis called Areopagus - from which Paul gave a sermon and many saints are named after this hill eg Dionysius the Areopagite.
.


So after making the invocations and intentions for the world and Humanity in particular, to be brought back into alignment with the original Divine Plan, I headed up to the acropolis blessing all about me.

Coming back down the hill, I noticed a sign for the Temple of Metamorphosis - it was a beautiful little church, well worth a visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment